Monitoring & Review
Davis Square Architects is well known for our award-winning affordable and multi-family housing throughout New England. This “practitioner” perspective allows us to provide project review, advisory, and construction monitoring services with unparalleled currency in the design and construction marketplace. Using 30-plus years of knowledge and expertise, we help our clients to make well-educated, strategic decisions to help ensure projects are completed on time and on budget. Our reporting is designed to be targeted, brief, and user-friendly. We have worked with numerous federal, state, municipal, and private lenders for over 20 years.
- Initial project advisory reviews, with over 300 projects completed
- Detailed construction documents, reviews and reporting
- Development of standards and requirements for design, including:
- Accessibility (Massachusetts Architectural Access Board, ADA, 504, community-based housing (CBH), etc.)
- Sustainable/green, energy efficiency requirements and documentation
- General design guidelines (unit sizes, materials, finishes, etc.)
- 40B, 40T, and 40R advisory services (specific Massachusetts statutes designed to promote the construction and preservation of affordable housing).
Construction monitoring services are one of the many facets of our portfolio. We work for developers, non-profits and funders, including federal, state, and local agencies involved in projects throughout New England. We also consult to numerous state housing agencies, helping to establish policies and standards as well as reviewing projects. Our construction monitoring is typically on housing and mixed-use projects, an area where we have a vast amount of knowledge and where we can be most effective. We remain current and informed in the latest changes and additions to policies and procedures. As architects, we are trained to understand the ‘whole’ of any given project. We carefully observe a project’s background, which allows us to discern and advise on issues of all types. We also frequently work with a broad array of engineers and consultants.
We also have extensive experience and familiarity with 40B peer review projects, working closely with cities and towns to help navigate the design process for best possible solutions.